Supplementary Planning Document- Statement of Matters
Slingsby, South Holme and Fryton Village Design Statement
Consultation on Draft Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The Local Planning Authority approved consultation on the above mentioned Village Design Statement as a draft SPD on 12 April 2016.
The period for consultation commences Monday 18 April 2016 and ends 5pm Monday 30 May 2016
Slingsby, South Holme and Fryton Village Design Statement is relevant in the determination of planning applications only in the parishes of: Slingsby, South Holme and Fryton.
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) supplement, and provide amplification to policies established within the Development Plan. For Ryedale District outside the National Park, this is the Ryedale Plan- Local Plan Strategy. SPDs are part of the Development Plan, and accordingly have full weight in the consideration of planning applications.
The Draft Slingsby, South Holme and Fryton Village Design Statement Supplementary Planning Document is divided into themes. It provides historical content, and the settlement's evolution to present day. The document:
- Considers the setting of the village in the countryside, including important views in and around the settlement;
- Describes and defines the layout of the village- and areas of differing character;
- Provides details of the houses which create the special character of the village;
- Describes views, setting and features through maps and photos;
- Discusses features such as materials, roofs, utility fixtures and fittings, windows, doors, outbuildings (barns and sheds), property boundaries and gates;
- Identifies: Landscape features and important trees and wildlife and habitats; and
- Provides guidelines for future development and property alterations.
In summary, it seeks to achieve the following:
- Identify features which should be protected/preserved
- Identify changes which could be harmful to the village's character; and
- Help to guide new developments and alterations to existing buildings.
The aim is provide a locally-specific context to considering how new development and alterations can contribute to ensuring that Slingsby remains the attractive and valued village it is today, and that in Fryton and South Holme any new development is sensitive to its surroundings.
The Village Design Statement, a Statement of Consultation, and a Statement of SPD matters is available to view below.
Or you can view the above documentation at Ryedale District Council Offices (address below). Between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday
You can comment on this document by:
Post to: Forward Planning
Ryedale District Council
Old Malton Road
Please send any comments or further information to the Council at the above address before 5pm Monday 30 May 2016.
Any representations made, may be accompanied by a request to the notified at the specified address above of the adoption of the SPD.