Local Plan Strategy
The Local Plan Strategy is a key part of the Ryedale Plan. It sets out a long-term vision, objectives and strategy to guide public and private sector investment over the next 15 years from 2012. In particular it outlines the:
• expected levels of development that will take place in the District up to 2027;
• specific types of new development required to meet Ryedale's needs;
• sorts of changes that will happen in different locations;
• types of projects and investment needed to successfully deliver the strategy and support growth and local communities; and
• provides a framework to assist in the determination of planning applications.
The Local Plan Strategy forms part of the Development Plan which is used to assess planning applications.
The development plan also includes the following elements of the 2002 Ryedale Local Plan which remain:
• Adopted Proposals maps for the District, towns and village maps
• The retained saved policies.
6 September 2016
Developer Contributions from Small Sites - amendments to operation of the policy as a result of changes to National Planning Guidance
In light of changes to National Planning Guidance, the operation of Policy SP3 and SP11 will reflect those changes:
Application of Policy SP3 and SP11 of the Adopted Ryedale Local Plan (PDF, 3 pages, 55 kb)
7 January 2015. We have noted that there is a paragraph (4.21) which was retained in error. It should have been removed as per item DDR10 in the Examination Library.